CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 13, 2008

"Let's Get It Started"

I'm finally getting started on something that I've been meaning to do for a while. Well, actually, I have to admit that at first I didn't even know what a "blog" was, or how to even start one, but I'm here now and that's the important thing. For a long time I've also been meaning to follow the one piece of advice that is given consistently to all parents: "You should write that down!"
Every day my children say or do or create something that amazes me . . . and every day I'm becoming more painfully aware of the fact that these little snapshots in my memory simply aren't preserved forever. I HAVE TO write them down, or document them somehow so that they never completely fade away. With my first child, I was a scrapbooking maniac. I must have created a page for every day of her first year. Then, with my second, I became the stereotypical parent that doesn't take as many pictures and doesn't have as much time to spend making albums. Now that we've been blessed with number three, the mere thought of creating and maintaining three different albums for three different children causes me too much anxiety. As the kids get older, and my "baby" is about to turn one and enter the "toddler" stage, I'm starting to feel something that I knew all along: this phase in my life doesn't last forever. As impossible as it seems right now, one day it will be hard for me to even recall what it was like being a stay-at-home mom with three children under the age of five. We've been through so much living in these past five years that it only seems right that I document things for the future . . . so that my children will know, no matter how many albums or baby books they each have, that their mommy was too busy making the memories to document them.

0 comments: