About 3 days ago, Kara mentioned that she didn't want to wear the hat she made.
About 2 days ago, Kara mentioned that she didn't want to go up on the stage.
Yesterday, Kara mentioned that she didn't want to sing OR smile.
Last night, we had a heart-to-heart at bedtime. I told her how mommy goes to each and every show at school, so very excited to see her little girl perform. I sit in the audience each time, just waiting to get a peek at my baby, and hoping that she'll participate in her show. Mommy assured Kara that there was no need to worry about performing in front of a big crowd, because each and every mommy and daddy would only be watching their special little girl or boy.
So today came, and off to school we went. Kara was in a pleasant mood when I dropped her off, and she willingly put on her little hat and posed for a class photo. So far, so good!
I took my seat in the auditorium with high hopes, but low expectations. Enter the two classes, with about 30 preschoolers. Child-by-child, they climbed up on to the stage wearing their darling little scarecrow hats and darling little smiles. I held my breath as Kara entered the room. She walked right up to the stage! She took her place! She smiled and waved at me!
And the performance just got better and better from there. Not only did she smile throughout, but she sang and did all of the actions ... she recited the poems, and kept waving to her mommy and Jack in the audience. She even gave us several "thumbs up" signs, and signed "I love you".






0 comments:
Post a Comment