You never forget. Sure, you might be scared at first, but once you trust in yourself enough to give it a try, you're usually surprised that you can still do it ... no matter how long it has been!
We all know that, but what we all forget is what it actually FELT like to LEARN to ride that bike in the first place. The nerves, the excitement, the fear ... the exhilaration when you finally DO IT all by yourself!
Thankfully, when you have children, you get to be reminded of every one of those emotions that you felt "way back when" ... only this time, your nerves, excitement, fear and exhilaration are all for someone else. In this case, my baby girl Kara who learned to ride a 2-wheeler on her very first day at the tender age of 5. Way to go Kara ... mommy is so proud of you for giving it a try, and for trusting me when I told you that I would never let go until you were ready. I'm proud of you, but I kind of wish you didn't tell me to let go so soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment