CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 30, 2010

BLUE Monday

It's Monday again, and to tell the truth I'm feeling a little BLUE.  Each morning I strive to send my two little girls off to school with smiles on their faces, but once they leave I feel this strange sadness.  Don't get me wrong ... I've been looking forward to school starting, and I'm perfectly ready to have some alone time with Jack and time to myself.  It just feels kinda strange right now.  Kinda BLUE.

Today after they left, Jack and I went out to run some errands.  Our final stop was a massive all-encompassing shopping trip to the local Super WalMart.  After spending the better part of an hour shopping with me, I had a momentary weakness and allowed Jack to pick a treat near the registers.  Because mommy was feeling BLUE, I even went against every mommy rule and allowed the selection of M&Ms, despite it only being ten in the morning.  (in my defense, he was eyeing the new Pretzel M&Ms, and mommy had been curious about those and wanting to try them ...)

We left the store, loaded our massive haul into the trunk, and got ready to leave the parking lot.  I opened the package of M&Ms, and poured 1/2 of them into a little pile on Jack's lap.  Since I was BLUE, I decided to cheer myself up by eating the other 1/2 of the bag.  By the time we were out of the parking lot, Jack had eaten his share.  I reached into the bag of M&Ms that contained what was left of my share, and handed Jack one of the remaining two in the bag.  We drove another mile or so, and Jack mentioned that his fingers felt a little sticky.  And BLUE.  When I turned around, this is what I saw looking back at me from the back seat:



















How could one little stinking M&M make such a mess?!
How could the candy that is supposed to only melt in your mouth melt all over a tiny little boy in the course of 60 seconds?
And, most importantly, how could I go on feeling BLUE after a good laugh like that?

I love my little buddy.

0 comments: