In recent years, much attention has been given to the obesity epidemic in this country, particularly the alarming rates among children. Our diets are poor, we don't exercise enough, and today's children are exponentially more likely to have Type 2 diabetes or other weight-related health issues as they grow older. Everywhere you look, there are articles, websites, and television programs addressing the issue of overweight children. Plenty of resources to look into, programs to follow, and ways to get your kids up and moving.
Here in our house, we are dealing with an entirely different beast.
It just doesn't seem right that my almost-3-1/2 year old weighs 31 pounds
(please disregard how filthy dirty our scale is ... I had no idea until the flash hit it! I would tell you that I immediately went and cleaned off the glass, but that would be a lie. But I plan to. Soon.)
My almost-5-1/2 year old weighs 38 pounds
And my 7-1/2 year old weighs 39 pounds.
That's right. 39 pounds. At age 7. And a half.
Will we ever be able to get Jenna over the 40-pound mark?!
0 comments:
Post a Comment