CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 20, 2010

Ode to June Cleaver

I was sad to hear last week that Barbara Billingsley, better known as June Cleaver, had died.

She made being a mom and housewife look so easy.  Every day when Wally and Beaver came home from school, they were greeted by a mom wearing a dress and pearls, holding a plate full of homemade cookies she had just pulled from the oven.

When my kids get home from school, some days I haven't even showered yet.  There are usually piles of laundry on the kitchen table, and the kids are forced to clear a space to find somewhere to do their homework.  If there are any cookies at all, they're most likely made from the ready-made Pillsbury dough you buy at the store.


It's funny how times have changed, and how us stay-at-home moms and housewives have evolved. 
I don't even own a strand of pearls to wear while I vacuum, even if I wanted to.

But June Cleaver?  She rocked those pearls, and probably deserved them way more than I do.

0 comments: