CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 5, 2010

Riding in Cars With Kids

I've decided to start a new series of posts called, "Riding In Cars With Kids" because I don't know about you, but some of the funniest conversations that our family has take place in the car.

Just today, I was witness to this one:

Jenna:  Mom, is it true that if you break a mirror it's bad luck?

Me:  Well, there's an old superstition that breaking a mirror brings you 7 years of bad luck, but I don't believe in that.

Jenna:  Why not?

Me:  (thinking ... thinking ...)  Well, because we believe in God.  So there's no such thing as bad luck.  God wouldn't give us 7 years of bad luck for something as silly as breaking a mirror.  He loves us too much.

(pretty proud of thinking of that response on the fly ... feeling good about myself ...)

Kara:  I know that God is God, but who or what is The Devil?

Jenna:  Oh, I think YOU  know, Kara ...

0 comments: