CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 1, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: day 1 - The Elf on the Shelf

A few years ago one of Mark's co-workers told him about a tradition in their family called "The Elf on the Shelf".  I spent the rest of that Christmas season trying to track down the little guy and a copy of his book.  It took a while for me to locate one, but I couldn't wait to start the tradition the following Christmas season.


I believe it was Christmas of 2008 when the elf first came to our home.  He comes with a story book explaining who he is (one of Santa's helpers), and why he is there (to keep an eye on the children in your house and report back to Santa).  We decided to name our elf Twinkle, and he has been a part of our family ever since!

Each year, on the night after Thanksgiving, he magically appears in our house to kick off the Christmas season.  The kids squeal with delight when they find him, and wake up every morning to look and see where he is hiding that day. 





Sometimes it's tricky to find him, but we always do ... and we always wonder what he told Santa about us the night before ...

*If you're one of the few people in America who doesn't yet own an Elf on the Shelf, and you have young children, go get one now!  The magic only lasts a short time while they're young : )

**I'll update this post from time to time when I have pictures of some of the funny places we find Twinkle this year : )

0 comments: