Kara can read!
She's been working on it for a while now, learning letters and sounds and how it all fits together.
Well this past month has been when the magic happened ... it all "clicked" and came together for her, and now she's officially sounding out words, reading some by sight, and doing it on her own.
I remember going through the experience with Jenna, but have been reminded once again how exciting and magical it all is. I love that first moment when they "get it" ... you can see the light in their eyes, the smile on their face, and you just know that you're witnessing an important moment in their lives.
We're so proud of you, Kara! And we all look forward to listening to you read to us now : )
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go."
— Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"






0 comments:
Post a Comment