CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 29, 2010

Let's Bowl! *

On our continuing quest to get the kids out of the house, protect them from each other, and appear to be the coolest parents on the block, we took the kids bowling today!







There was a lot of launching the ball from inappropriate heights and inappropriate distances from the foul line.  A lot of use of the bumpers.  And more than one ball that took a lifetime to make it from the point of launch down to the pins.





There were some teachable moments and some coaching going on, along with some fighting (just because that's how they roll).





There was celebration, dancing (again, how they roll), and sodas bigger than our heads.



And, because I'm a big fan of full disclosure and honesty ...
there was also the fact that my 7 year old daughter beat me at bowling.  She also tied with her daddy, for the record.  And, no ... we aren't the type of parents who "let" our kids win.  In fact, I was trying my hardest.  Sad, but true.

from the top:  Jack, Kara, Jenna, Mommy, Daddy



*
Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock-'n-roll.
Hey, come on, let's get this show on the road.
-Johnny and Paulette, from Grease 2

Sorry.  I haven't been able to step foot into a bowling alley without thinking of the bowling scene from this movie since 1982.  If you know what I'm talking about and can hear the song in your head now, you're welcome.  I know you'll enjoy listening to that roll around in your head for the rest of the day : )



0 comments: