CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 25, 2010

Our Letter From Twinkle the Elf



On our Christmas morning post, I mentioned that the letter on the tree was from Twinkle, our Elf on the Shelf.  He always leaves one that we find on Christmas morning, once we realize he's gone.  He seems to enjoy catching a ride back to the North Pole on Santa's sleigh, but never leaves us without saying goodbye ...





Dear M Family,

Well for the 3rd year in a row I have LOVED spending the holidays with your family. It’s so much fun for me to sit very, very quiet and still in the morning while you try to find me. Sometimes it’s hard for me not to laugh out loud and give myself away! But you guys are super at finding me!

Jack, I’m really excited to see that you wear underwear now and go potty on the toilet. Not only that, but you go to preschool now AND sleep in a big boy bed! I can hardly wait to see what new things you’re doing by the time I arrive next year. Keep on being such a good little boy for mommy and daddy. Oh, and Santa says that he wants you to try really, really hard to be nice to your big sisters!

Kara, I’m so proud of what a great job you’re doing in kindergarten. Riding the bus, learning how to read … you’re such a big girl now! I was in your garage one day, and I also noticed that your bike doesn’t have training wheels on it anymore! I heard you crying a couple of the mornings that I was here, and that broke my heart. Santa and I are both happy that you’re being so brave and going to school each and every day. We know you’re trying your best and that you’ll love school a little bit more every week. We also know how much your mommy, daddy and teacher all love you.

Jenna, I almost didn’t recognize you again this year because you keep changing so gosh darned much! Your hair got longer, you grew some new teeth, and you’re taller than I remember! But you’re just as sweet as I remembered, and doing such a great job at school and at home. Santa is happy that you’re trying so hard to be respectful to adults like your parents, teachers and babysitters. He says to keep up the good work, and keep making us proud!

I noticed that Dakota isn’t living at your house anymore, and I’m sorry to hear that he went to heaven last summer. He was sure a good dog. I’m sure you miss him. I also noticed that you guys have a Disney ornament on your tree that says 2010. Did you guys go to Disney World last summer?! Oh boy, that place is the best! I think I might try to go there on vacation when Christmas is over and Santa doesn’t need me anymore. But for now, it’s time for me to head on back to the North Pole to help finish making some last-minute toys, and to help pack the sleigh. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and I’ll see you in 2011!


Love, Twinkle

0 comments: