Yesterday and today the kids were off of school in honor of Presidents Day and the need for teachers to plan, or something like that.
Yesterday we went bowling again, and had lunch at Pizza Hut.
Today, the kids had another idea on the agenda. Seeing a movie. And not just any movie. The new Justin Bieber movie.
I'm no prude, but I'm of the opinion that popstar crushes are fine once you've reached your adolescent years. I've relented on the Hannah Montana, Taylor Swift, and Selena Gomez because they're girls, and I don't entirely mind their music (save for one of them). But Justin Bieber? He's a boy, and I'm not about to let my girls start getting all goo-goo eyed about a boy at their young, tender ages.
Alas, after several hours of constatnt begging, pleading and whining, we set out to the movie theater. I was still working on a last-ditch attempt to get them to pick another animated movie at the theater. No luck.
We were seeing Justin Bieber. To add insult to injury, the movie was only being played in 3D.
(I believe it Hollywod's conspiracy to release EVERY movie in 3D now in order to charge a premium for tickets)
Just in case you can't see, let me magnify the photo to show you that I did, indeed, pay $32 for the 4 of us to go see the movie. In 3D.
When it was over, I have to admit that it wasn't that bad. The producers of this movie were genius in the way they portrayed Justin so that moms would love him too. He was a darling kid, had lots of musical talent as a little guy, comes from a loving and supportive family, prays before concerts and meals, and has surrounded himself with what seems to be a group of people who genuinely care about him.
Plus, his mentor Usher made sure that he got some screen time.
Plus, the kids looked pretty darned cute in their 3D glasses.
Using my phone camera in the dark resulted in some pretty bad pictures, but you get the idea!





1 comments:
You're a good mom! ;-)
Post a Comment