CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 19, 2011

Five Minute Friday: New


New

This week is the start of another new school year for the girls.  New grade, new teacher, new classmates.  It's also the beginning of a new era for me. 

For the next couple of weeks I will still have my little buddy Jack at home with me, until his preschool goes back after Labor Day.  But then the "newness" really starts.

I've been a stay-at-home mom for 6.5 yrs. now, ever since the day that Kara was born.  And I haven't been alone since.  My life has been schedules and routines, pick-ups and drop-offs, play dates and moms groups, doctor's appointments and grocery shopping, errands and housework, laundry and cooking, bike rides and walks, playgrounds and water parks.

Now it will be time for something new.
A new stage in my life.

Jack will be in school 5 mornings a week this year, so for 2.5 hours each day I will be alone.  Alone.  I can hardly fathom what the word means. 

My life will probably still consist of a lot of the things above (minus the fun stuff like play dates and moms groups, playgrounds and water parks), but I'll be doing them alone.  I'd imagine I might even do some other things to during the morning when I'll go from being a stay-at-home mom to a stay-at-home person.  Although I doubt I'll ever be home.

People keep saying, "You won't know what to do with yourself!"

Oh yeah?  Wanna bet?  I've had 6.5 years to dream about the day when I would be alone again.
I'm sure there will be moments where I will miss my little companions, don't get me wrong.  But the rest of the time?

Haircuts and pedicures, shopping alone and quick errands, eating when I want to, getting projects done at home, volunteer work and committees, breakfast dates with Mark, meal planning and cooking.  I won't be still.

Yep, things are about to get different around here.  I know that this new phase won't last forever -- I'll likely be back to work full time in the next year -- but I'm sure gonna savor it while it lasts.

I can't wait to meet the new me : )

0 comments: