CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 17, 2011

Tomorrow

Today was a day of preparation.  We woke up early with alarm clocks and double-checked the school supply list and made sure our names were on everything.


We shopped for last-minute items, laid out our first day of school clothes and went to open house at school to meet our teachers and take a first peek at our new classrooms.

We took showers and got into bed at our back-to-school bedtime.  I'm looking forward to the return of routine, the start of a new year, the first day of school pictures and the excited little faces and they wave goodbye from the bus window.

But then I was alone at my computer, updating my blog, and scrolling through old photos and posts.


2010 -- 2nd grade


2009 -- 1st Grade


2008 -- Kindergarten


2007 -- Preschool

I've survived 4 first days of school now, but it just doesn't get easier. 
Time just keeps moving way too quickly, each summer passing faster and faster, each year of their little lives flying past their mama at warp speed.


2010 -- Kindergarten


2009 -- 4 year-old preschool


2008 -- 3 year-old preschool
Tomorrow I will put my little girls on the bus to begin another school year, and I will start clinging to the remaining days I have with Jack at home until he begins preschool next month.


2010 -- 3 year-old preschool
I may have been doing this for four years and might have been part of 9 other "first days" between the three little kids, but it never gets easier.

And it probably won't be any easier tomorrow.


1 comments:

MandyOh

I love this idea of taking the 1st day of school pics on the same step! Can I start this at with 3rd grade? It's never too late, right?! You were so smart to start it at the beginning!