CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 8, 2012

Welcome, Izzy!

Today we brought home our new foster-dog Izzy.  Izzy's brave mommy and daddy and brothers and sister all packed up and moved to Helsinki, Finland for the next 6 months on what is sure to be a grand adventure.  They've been planning this adventure for months now, and a long time ago we agreed that we would take Izzy in while they were away.  It's been a while since we've had a doggy in the house and the kids are super excited about having her stay with us for a while.

It's not hard to see why ... look at that face!


I'm the first to admit ... I've never been much of a "dog person". 
We  had Dakota for 12 years and he was a part of our family that we miss, but I have to say there's  nothing about the shedding, dog food splattering, in-the-house accidents, muddy paw prints everywhere that I'm nostalgic about.  But for some reason, I'm quite sure that Izzy might be the perfect pet to win me back over to the dog side.  She's smaller, doesn't shed, super friendly, and just the right size to leap up on the couch and rest her head on my lap. 


While Kara was a bit hesitant about her at first, now both of the girls are big fans.  Izzy and Jenna took an immediate liking to each other.  In fact, Izzy sat next to Jenna in the car for the entire 2-hour drive down to our house and didn't move a muscle.  Jenna pet her the entire way and talked to her soothingly, so now I'm pretty sure they're bonded forever. 


Welcome to the family, Izzy!  We're glad to have you here until summer : )
Thanks to the Reynolds family for choosing us to be Izzy's foster family.  We'll take good care of your puppy while you're gone!

0 comments: