CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 3, 2012

Wii

As I mentioned earlier, my parents gave us a Wii for Christmas this year.  We thought it was a good time ... the kids are getting more into playing video games on their ds, and this would allow us to have some quality family fun together.  Or so I thought.

The Wii was set up on the 29th and in the last 6 days I've witnessed more crying, whining, fighting and general unhappiness than ever before.  The biggest problems are frustration over not knowing how to play a game yet, and having older sisters (or dad) purposely doing things to annoy/insult/upset the littlest member of our family.

The best outburst happen when playing the new Mario game.  Apparently there are horses or dragons or something on one of the levels that Jack desperately wants to get on but never can.  On the same level it seems that other players can reach out their long tongues and snatch up another player.  Therefore, wails of "Spit me ouuuuuutttt!" can be heard echoing through the house and when I go to yell at the culprit I sometimes find it's not the 6 or 8 year old but rather the 38 year old child laughing to the point of tears. 

I've only caught 1 such outburst on film, and it wasn't even the best one I've seen, but it will give you a pretty good idea of what's been going on around here lately ...

0 comments: