A little over two years ago, I was deeply saddened about leaving yet another community which I had grown accustomed to. Another town where I made friends, join groups, started to feel established, and then had to leave it all behind. It took me a while to get into a groove once moving to this new town. I didn't have the energy or desire to put myself out there for the entire first summer we lived here. I didn't feel like joining groups, meeting new people, or getting connected in yet another new community. I just simply didn't have the energy to do it all again.
Luckily, those feelings only lasted a little while, and eventually I began to come around. I got the kids signed up for schools and programs, joined some local moms groups, began meeting neighbors, and establishing our family as members of a new community. And I'm so gald that I did! Having other families to hang out with on a Saturday night is great. Friends that we can laugh and talk and have drinks with while our kids play together and have fun themselves? Priceless!
Luckily, those feelings only lasted a little while, and eventually I began to come around. I got the kids signed up for schools and programs, joined some local moms groups, began meeting neighbors, and establishing our family as members of a new community. And I'm so gald that I did! Having other families to hang out with on a Saturday night is great. Friends that we can laugh and talk and have drinks with while our kids play together and have fun themselves? Priceless!




0 comments:
Post a Comment