CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 14, 2010

Anticipation

Today is the day that the kids have been anticipating all summer: the day when you can find out who your teacher is for the school year!

Our school posts class lists on the front door, and Jenna and I have always taken a trip over there to find her name, identify her teacher, and see who else is going to be in her class.

This year, unfortunately, the lists were being posted on a Friday night. And I work Friday nights. And I had to take the van with me, leaving Mark at home with 3 kids, no car seats to transport them in his car, and lots of begging and pleading to head up to school.

Being the smart guy Mark is, he decided to stop on his way home from work, check the lists, and report back home with Jenna's teacher's name. Brilliant! Except that he forgot that Kara will also be starting school this year, and wanting to know who HER teacher was as well.

After a long night of tossing and turning, it was Saturday morning. Mark would be able to take them all in the van to school to look at the lists while I was at work again. I didn't want to miss out on the experience, so I left them the camera, giving Mark instructions to take some pictures. You know, the kind of pictures I like to post on my blog, like these:


Kara, registering for kindergarten back in March

I guess I forgot that Mark is a literal person, because I came home to find a few pictures like these on the camera:


Actual photos of the class lists, posted on the door.  God, I love that man.

Despite the difference in journalistic styling, the mission had been accomplished.  We now know who both girls have for teachers and who is in their class ... and we're counting down the days until school begins (8 more days)!

0 comments: