CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 15, 2010

Summer Breeze

For the first time since about mid-May, we turned off the air conditioning and opened the windows today. 


I love fresh air and summer breezes.  I also love how our bedroom turned out when we finally painted it this past spring.  I worked really hard to incorporate those maroon blinds on the windows, because they were the only operational blinds in the entire upstairs left by the previous owner.  I was determined to not have to replace them too, so I worked with them.  Luckily, the color also went well with one of the two framed art pieces that Mark and I have ever bought.



I even found a coordinating bedding set on super-clearance at Macy's to make my bedroom complete.

Oh?  Did you think that, based on the two photos above, that my room is neat and clean?
Well, here you go.  Full disclosure.





Maybe my piles of dirty laundry, baskets of clean folded laundry, piles of clothes to be ironed, and unpacked bags from our trip to Wisconsin LAST WEEK will make you feel better.  It's all in the way you look at something; depending on your point of view (or the direction of the camera angle), you either see the beauty, or you see the things carefully hidden from view.

Right now I choose to see the beauty. 

And maybe that fresh summer breeze coming in the window will actually inspire me to tackle all of those piles later on today!  Maybe.

0 comments: