CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 16, 2010

Making Plans, and making believe

Today I dedicated the morning to getting organized.  Getting my affairs in order.  Sorting through piles of paper.  Filling out 1,234 papers for back to school.  Gathering all dates for religious education, Sunday school, preschool, kindergarten and 2nd grade, and jotting them on the calendar.  Adding in my work hours, Mark's out of town dates, and our babysitting needs for the next few weeks.  At the same time, wondering how on earth we're even going to be able to sign up for swimming like I had promised for the fall.  This calendar task alone now takes 2 hours and 5 markers in specific colors for every member of our family.


I was interrupted every 4.5 seconds by a child needing a drink, a snack, or a butt wiping.  I eventually shut off the television, and encouraged them to go find something else to do.  At one point though, everything quieted down.  I walked out of the office, and as I was passing through the playroom on the way to the kitchen I saw this:


I poured myself a cup of coffee, peeked back into the playroom, and they were still there.  Sitting perfectly still, quietly eating their bowls full of dry Cheerios. 

Curious, I said, "Hey guys, what's going on in there?"

The reply?

"Shhhhhh!  We're pretending that we're watching tv and eating popcorn!"


Yep, it's time to go back to school for sure!
(6 more days!)

0 comments: