CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 22, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 16 - Let's Get This Party Started!

Somehow I let the girls talk me into having a Christmas party for their friends this year.  I'm not exactly sure how it happened.

Oh,wait.  I do know know how it happened. 

Jenna had the idea, came up with a guest list, an itinerary, and ideas for the games and crafts they would play.  I absentmindedly nodded my head muttering things like, "Oh yeah?" and "Wow, that sounds cool!" and "Mmm-hmmm, great idea".  All of which she took literally, and I didn't realize.

Until the day when her friend's mom called me to ask for more information about the party.  Because Jenna had told her daughter about it at school, and she had so many facts and details that her mom thought that she surely had misplaced an invitation.

So, fast-forward about a week, and here we are celebrating the Christmas season with 6 of our favorite girlfriends from school.


There was pizza and crafts and dancing and playing funny little games like Pin The Nose On The Snowman wearing silly reindeer masks as blindfolds.



There was lots of fun had with good friends.


And a whole lot of cuteness.





My personal favorite part of the night was when we went Christmas caroling to the neighbors' houses.  Such an old-school thing to do, but so much fun!  And I think the girls got as big a kick out of it as I did.



We all had so much fun that I think we might do it again next year.  Or sooner?  I'd better ask Jenna ...

0 comments: