CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 13, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 8 - Cards

One of my favorite parts about Christmas is getting the mail.  At what other time of year do you actually think there might be something good to open waiting in that mailbox?  What is usually filled with junk mail, bills and catalogs could now possibly contain a Christmas card from someone you love.  And/or a photo of someones family that you haven't seen in a while. 

Or, if you're really lucky, a holiday letter. 

And I'm not talking about the "normal" holiday letter that is a welcome Cliff Notes version of a family's year (like the O'Hallorans annual card that my dear friend Mandy sends out ... and who also happens to read this blog) ... I'm talkin the kind that you'll call your mom after you open it to laugh about.  The kind that comes from the 2nd cousins with perfect kids, or distant relatives who brag about every trip they've taken, every major purchase they've made, and exactly how much it cost.  Or your great aunt who will include a run down of every illness, accident, malady, ache and pain that she experienced in the year prior, along with a list of everyone who has died.  Nothing says Merry Christmas like a written account of shingles!

Anyway, I digress.

I look forward to receiving cards every year, because there are just too darned many people that I don't get to keep in touch with like I should.  Former co-workers, friends from grade school, high school and college; old neighbors from the 3 homes we've lived in since we were married.



My only problem is that keeping in touch with these old and new friends means an ever-growing Christmas card list.  This year we cut back a bit and still sent out about 110.


For that reason, I don't ever want to move again.

0 comments: